venerdì 9 ottobre 2009

Interview with Karan Reshad





q)please tell us a brief info about yourself.


a)I am Karan Reshad ,born in Tehran -IRAN.When my mother was about to give birth to me , The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in USA reported the first recognized cases of AIDS.When I was about to be born Seven coaches of an overcrowded passenger train fall off the tracks into the River Kosi in Bihar, India and as a result about 800 people died and when I was about to do my very first poos of life.The Israeli Air Force destroyed Iraq's Osirak nuclear reactor.


q)Tell us about your humble beginnings, When did you you first realized that you wanted to be an artist?


a)First of all when I was a kid I was living with images of Van Gogh's pieces in my bedroom.Before that it seems I wanted to be a sanitary worker(sweeping the streets).Then I wanted to be something else and when I was 17 I was again in images and concepts until know


q)What are your tools of the trade and why?


a)Every thing which can be useful ,should be used someday,somewhere.


q)Who or what gives you inspiration on your morbid art?


a)Thanks for calling my works with the term like morbid.hahaha.cool.morbid life inspired me to create morbid reflections you just called Art.


q)Is your artistic background self-taught or did you go to college to study?


a)I have studied all basics of art in collage but I am selfthought. At college I was just thinking how stupid all these art masters are?! I am more glad to study in the international university of life rather than art universities,


q)How do you keep “fresh” within your industry?


a)I develope the factory,buying new machines and firing old employees and hiring new young workers,sell double price and buy half price.Advertising in exp.ways and pay for showing My teasers between soccer games . :P


q)What are some of your current projects?


a)I Am still doing my Iranian Matches project which is also called "Tan-Ha" which means loneliness, since 2003 and I think it will last for another 3 or 4 years(maybe more). Also trying to publish some more articles on urban art for persian language readers and trying to develope somerel new/street art influence in my country.


q)Which of your works are you the most proud of? And why?


a)Visualy I am more proud of my persian calligraffiti styles. and also my stencil technic but socialy I am proud of making so much of change in every day life of many young people in iranian big cities yet,I mean the cult of graff.


q)Are there any areas, techniques, mediums, projects in your field that you have yet to try?


a)Toooooo many fields I should try and learn and work and experience.


q)What do you do to keep yourself motivated and avoid burn-out?


a)Keep seeing art works in the internet.reading books and internet articles,talking with limited friends through the web,watching the nails in my hand and thinking that's ok, Christ was like this ,too. I can bear it.


q)how do you spend most of your free time?


a)Mostly painting.I go to studio and paint. Then comeback home and start some other painting which I planned to work at home.


q)What contemporary artists or developments in art interest you?


a)Urban Art,PopArt,social satire,Poetry and music.


q)We really like some of your pictures, how can we get our hands on them? Do you sell them? How?


a)Yes ,I hate selling my pieces,I feel like selling a part of me. but in case I need to live and I need to find a good place for my work and need to paint more (painting is like drug for me) I need to accept to sell them.In other hand in my own country the collectores society is more ignorant than understand the fresh blood we are injecting and they moretry to collect what is more like images in Ernst Gombrich "the story of art ".

Nessun commento: