lunedì 5 ottobre 2009

Interview with Mark Mulroney





q)please tell us a brief info about yourself.


a)I am a boy and as far as I know I always have been.


q)Tell us about your humble beginnings, When did you you first realized that you wanted to be an artist?


a)I never knew I wanted to be an artist. I just started drawing motorcycle racers getting eaten by sharks when I was 4 or 5 and I haven't quit.


q)What are your tools of the trade and why?


a)My tool is my brain and so far I haven't been able to get it out of my skull so I am stuck where I am.


q)Who or what gives you inspiration on your morbid art?


a)I never thought of my work as morbid perhaps it is desperately hopeful instead. My inspiration comes from my desire to see as many naked women as possible before I die.


q)Is your artistic background self-taught or did you go to college to study?


a)I dropped out of high school and learned to draw by copying Iron Maiden album covers.


q)How do you keep “fresh” within your industry?


a)New clothes.


q)What are some of your current projects?


a)I am doing what I always do. I wake up, drink coffee and go to my room to doodle until dinner then I eat, go back to my room, work until 11 or so, have a little whiskey and peanut M&M's and go to bed.


q)Which of your works are you the most proud of? And why?


a)I don't think I can affix pride to any one thing just yet, but I fixed my refrigerator last week, that was pretty neat.


q)Are there any areas, techniques, mediums, projects in your field that you have yet to try?


a)I haven't tried lots of stuff like heroin or long hair but I hope to do animation some day.


q)What do you do to keep yourself motivated and avoid burn-out?


a)Think about getting a real job.


q)how do you spend most of your free time?


a)Drawing, drawing, drawing and racquetball.


q)What contemporary artists or developments in art interest you?


a)I like slick, heavy, glossy art mags with lots of Prada ads, I hope the art world makes more of those. I also like EverGold gallery in San Francisco, they have a very positive, pirate friendly kind of energy.


q)We really like some of your pictures, how can we get our hands on them? Do you sell them? How?


a)I sell everything. Just ask. You don't even have to be polite. Most request come through my gallery, Mixed Greens in NYC, or my website.

Nessun commento: