giovedì 11 febbraio 2010

Interview with Breno Costa





q) Well, first of all please tell us a little about yourself.


a)Well, I'm a graphic artist from Belém do Pará, in the Brazilian Amazon where I work with advertising
and with my personal projects of illustrations, now I'm moving to Buenos Aires, where I
will study and work, seeking to be more creative.
I was raised in a town in the interior of Pará, Abaetetuba, and I bring a lot of amazonian references
for my personal life, including my job, but I was always careful not
do something with a regional language only, bother to apply my references with

global language.


q) Had you always planned on being an artist [or had you other hopes]?



a)Not really.
I believe I am more publicity that artist.

This has always been within me. I believe that when you have some creative talent, he is stronger than you and cross border in their projects.


q) Do you have a preferred medium to work on? Why?


a)Paper, pencil, ink, color, monitor and mouse, all mixed with my emotions.

I think more important that the medium is the present feeling in each work.


q) How would you describe your style?



a)Feelings played on paper for others to feel.


q) Do you go through any certain processes while trying to produce your work?



a) My process is trying to transform what I'm feeling in features, expressions, emotions, trying to excite the others making them feel the same as me.
Even in the commercial work that I do try to identify what I feel about that subject, so as to touch people.


q) What are you working on at present?



a)I am now a collaborative project called i4haiti, where incentive other illustrators around the world to create illustrations from photos taken in Haiti after the earthquake.

Every picture I saw of Haiti created in me such adverse reactions, sadness, hope, anger, I believe that other people also feel that way, so I had this idea. It is a way to show that we care, that are interested.

http://i4haiti.tumblr.com/

Also I'm posting a series of illustrations called My love while sleeping, I did as the woman I love sleeping, which resulted in a book of the same name, I am seeking support to exhibit and publish the book.
http://meuamorenquantodorme.blogspot.com/

I am very interested in photography and I am also trying to improve my images and do interesting work on this, my last was In Bragança faith has rhythm, with photos that capture the movement of the dances Marujada in Bragança, in the interior of Pará

http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Em-BraganAa-a-fA-tem-ritmo/378299

In the other pictures an illustrations I do in my spare time

http://shootbyshoot.blogspot.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brenocostadrops/?saved=1


q) What about recent sources of inspirations?



a) My life, what I see, what I feel.


q) What are some of your obsessions?



a)Leave my work more creative, both in illustrations and in advertising.


q) Which galleries have you shown at and which galleries would you like to show at?



a)Frankly, the gallery who wanted to show my work, preferably someone outside Brazil.


q) If people would like to contact you, how would you like to be contacted?



a)For everyone wanna talk and have one idea on the had.
Just say that I answer.


q) Do you have any suggestions or advice for artists that are just starting out?



a)If any has any suggestion for those who are starting I accepted, because I am starting too.


q) Who are your favorite artists?



a) I like Picasso, who made the pop art, Andy, Lichtestein, I like Basquiat, I am very interested by the street art of Banksy, Os Gemeos, like the illustrators Glauco Dionigi, Nando Costa, Stephen Sigmeister designers like David Carson comic masters like Will Eisner, Frank Miller, Robert Crumb, new talent and Marjane Satrapi, Dash Shaw, David LeChapelle photographers like Robert Doisneau, Cartier Bresson, Terry Richardson, Bob Wolfeson, Sebastião Salgado, the big names in advertising as Marcelo Serpa, Rodrigo Butori, Icaro Doria, Paul Belford, entangling others.


q) What books are on your nightstand?



a)The book, "Whatever you think, think the opositive" by Paul Arden, some books of photographers, many comic book and several design and fashion magazines.


q) To what weaknesses are you most indulgent?



a)It should have a daily habit of training the dash, but I only do when my heart tells.


q)….your contacts…



a)My contacts:

Messenger: breno_costa_@msn.com


Gtalk: brenofcosta@gmail.com


E-mail: contato@brenocosta.net


My personal page:
http://carpeta.brenocosta.net/

My blog with my references:

http://unvizual.blogspot.com/

Nessun commento: