venerdì 11 novembre 2011

Interview with Christine Morren






1)Let’s start with the basics; what's your full name, where do you live, and how old are you?


1)My full name is Christine Morren. I live in Belgium and i am 45.


2) Do you have any formal training?


2)+/- 7 years ago, I have been painting during one year at the atelier of Maarten Boffé to learn the oilpainting techniques. After that i started discovering my own language and later collaboration/study in Jef Bertels' atelier, refined my vision.


3) Did the place you grew up in influence your image making?


3)I don't think so.


4) How do you come up with your concepts?


4)It just didn't come up at once. It is searching and searching... It's a process that is taking years and once it feels good, it grows..


5) Describe your creations in a clear, concise and understandable sentence. What do you call them?


5)My world is full of creatures. They vary in intensity, emotion and dimensions. They live everywhere and it looks like they come out of a dream. So you can call my work visionary.


6)What other mediums would you like to explore in your image making?


6)I would like to try out the watermixable oils. I did a little test and i think it will do fine :)


7)What is the best time in the day for you to work on a project? Is there one, or is it more about the environment -- maybe the right mood?


7)It can be any moment, as long as i have the time to concentrate. I need to be relaxed. Most of the time i'm painting in the evening (with a daylight lamp ;) )

Stress or very busy moments are no good for me when i want to paint.


8) What are your artistic influences?...and …generally who or what influences you the most?


8)Nature, people, emotions, ... are inspiring to me.

And the paint itself, the abstract first layer is very important.


9) Who are some of your favourite artists/designers/photographers?


9)I love the work of Octaaf Landuyt, Beksinski, Chris Mars, Joe Sorren, Marc Janssens, Kalvis Zuters, Chris Berens.. Oh so many !! :)


10) What is your next project?Exhibition?Collaboration?


10)I participate the Sketchbook project http://www.arthousecoop.com/projects/sketchbookproject

There are a few groupshows planned at Gallery NovaBelgica http://www.novabelgica.com/

And i will participate the Freak Show at Denmark in march 2012.


11)What are your plans for the future?


11)The only thing i know for sure is that i always will be painting. :-)


12)Are there some web sites that You would like to recomend? Artists, art communities, xxx,...!?


12)www.deviantart.com

http://visionaryartgallery.weebly.com/

http://www.projectmailartbooks.com/index.html

http://dev.openartcollection.com/

http://santiagoribeiro.ning.com/


13)What sort of music do you listen to?


13)I like different kinds of music. I like lounge music, rock music, ..


14)Do you collect anything?If so what?


14)I have a very little collection old doll heads. And some little antique dolls. Very tiny ones.


15)What do you do for fun?


15)I like visiting exhibitions, spending time with friends and having fun with friends and family, .. And painting of course. :)


16)Any advice you can pass onto aspiring artists/designers?


16)Never give up and always be yourself!


17)Your contacts…


17) www.christinemorren.com

Nessun commento: