sabato 30 maggio 2009

Interview with Florian Nicolle






q)Please introduce yourself.


a)My name is Florian Nicolle (aka neo), I am a young french graphic designer & illustrator of 22 years old.


q) Where do you live and work?


a)I live in Caen (France), and work here too.


q) How would you describe your work to someone who has never seen it ?


a)Maybe, structured / unstructured… free, fresh


q) How did you start in the arts ? How/when did you realize you were an artist ?


a)I am graduate in Graphic design and while on my course, I developed a strong passion for illustration. I am not an artist… lol.


q) What are your favorite art materials and why ?


a)Watercolor, a bic, marker, a brush, because those materials keep the mouvement visible


q) What/who influences you most?


a)My first sketching teacher was the most influente to me.


q) Describe a typical day of art making for you.


a)My illustrations are the most made the night.


q) Do you have goals, specific things you want to achieve with your art or in your career as an artist ?


a)I would like to be able to do exactally what I have in my mind.


q) What contemporary artists or developments in art interest you ?


a)Illustrators like Russ Miles for traditionals techniques, or Julie West for vectorials illustrations.


q) How long does it typically take you to finish a piece ?


a)it depend, but around 5 hours.


q) Do you enjoy selling your pieces, or are you emotionally attached to them?


a)I sell mostly prints.


q) Is music important to you? If so, what are some things you're listening to now?


a)Yes I always listen music, (all style), it depend of the periode.


q) Books?


a)No…


q) What theories or beliefs do you have regarding creativity or the creative process?


a)Always fresh, free, mouvement, emotion


q) What do you do (or what do you enjoy doing) when you're not creating?


a)I like play music (Drum, guitar)


q) Do you have any projects or shows coming up that you are particularly excited about?


a)Not really…


q) Do you follow contemporary art scenes? If so, how? What websites, magazines, galleries do you prefer?


a)I try to follow especially me… But every day I watch works of others graphic designer or illustrator on website like behance.


q) Any advice for aspiring artists?


a)Not really, I am still young illustrator, so I have no lesson to tell, but if I would, just follow yourself and watch a lot of works.


q) Where can we see more of your work online?


a)my website : neo-innov.fr

my behance : behance.net/neo_innov

my deviantart : neo-innov.deviantart.com

Nessun commento: