domenica 14 giugno 2009

Interview with Renzo Razzetto





q)Please introduce yourself.

a)My name is Renzo Razzetto.


q) Where do you live and work?


a)Florida, USA.


q) How would you describe your work to someone who has never seen it?


a)It’s hard to describe, because I don’t even know what will end up on paper before starting a new piece. The only way I could describe my work would been as pointillist collages.


q) How did you start in the arts? How/when did you realize you were an artist?


a)I’m a self-taught artist. I started to draw at a very young age, and as soon as I started I never stopped. It felt like the most natural thing in the world to do. I suppose growing up and not liking anything else was the reason I decided to draw full time.


q) What are your favorite art materials and why?


a)Rapidograph pens. I never liked painting, or working in color.

q) What/who influences you most?


a)Too many to list here. A lot of Japanese artists have been a big influence over the years, especially the work of Suehiro Maruo.


q) Describe a typical day of art making for you.


a)Getting up early in the morning, locking myself up in my little room, and just seeing what turns up.


q) Do you have goals, specific things you want to achieve with your art or in your career as an artist?


a)To be able to continue working as an illustrator for as long as I possibly can.


q) What contemporary artists or developments in art interest you?


a)There are many, but at this particular moment I’m too caught up in my own work.


q) How long does it typically take you to finish a piece?


a)Usually about a week, sometimes a little longer.


q) Do you enjoy selling your pieces, or are you emotionally attached to them?


a)Pointillism is very hard work, you spend so much time in just one piece, so I guess you can say I’m a bit attached to them.


q) Is music important to you? If so, what are some things you're listening to now?


a)Super important. I mostly listen to avant-garde, punk, and indie music.


q) Books?


a)I don’t particularly read much.


q) What theories or beliefs do you have regarding creativity or the creative process?


a)You shouldn’t think about what you’re doing so much, just go with it and see where it all takes you.


q) What do you do (or what do you enjoy doing) when you're not creating?


a)Listen to music.


q) Do you have any projects or shows coming up that you are particularly excited about?


a)Some of my pieces are taking part in the ARTundressed Exhibition Tour that’s currently underway. It will be traveling to some major cities in the USA.


q) Do you follow contemporary art scenes? If so, how? What websites, magazines, galleries do you prefer?


a)Not really. Occasionally I check out some online art magazines.


q) Ask yourself a question you'd like to answer, and answer it.


a)

Q: Why do you draw?

A: Why not?


q) Any advice for aspiring artists?


a)It's not the hours you put in your work that counts, it's the work you put in the hours.

q) Where can we see more of your work online?


a)Check out my site http://achromic-instantanist.blogspot.com

Nessun commento: