lunedì 6 dicembre 2010

Interview with Lukasz Wierzbowski





q)Who are you? Where are you from and where do you live now?

a)I'm a freelance photographer. I was born in Lubliniec, small town on south of Poland. Six years ago I moved to Wroclaw where I started studying social psychology and that's where I currently live and work.

q)What is it that you do? What media do you use?

a)I'm a portrait photographer who tries to capture the fragile relationship between humans and their surrounding. Currently I use only film cameras although I had digital moment few years ago. At that time I was very much into landscape and urbanism photography being almost obsessed with concrete, steel and glass. The only thing that's left from that time is still existing blog called Picture Shop (http://picture-shop.blogspot.com/).


q)What do you think sets your work apart?

a)I try to catch this brief moments when everything is in between states looking a bit raw, sometimes ironic and sometimes awkward.

q)How long have you been showing your work for? Did you have a “big break?”

a)I started showing my photography few years ago and since. I never had a "big break" I don't actually think I need one, as I feel that photography is one of the things that make me truly happy.


q)What are some things that have inspired you?

a)Everyday life, being in love, meeting new people, daylight.

q)What have you been working on recently?

a)While having a little break from commissioned work I focused on personal project. I will try to put it into a publication and an exhibition.


q)Do you listen to music while you create your work? If so, would you give some examples?

a)I like the sounds of environment I work in, both the nature and the city. I don't listen to music while taking photos but I like to listen to music while picking the shots. Lately I've been listening quite a lot of Caribou, Flying Lotus, Efterklang and Jenny Wilson.


q)Do you do work in any other media? Other projects not necessarily related to your main body of work?

a)While being in high school I was very much into making experimental mini movies. The fact that I got bored with it is one of the reasons I started taking photos.

q)What advice do you have for artists looking to show their work?

a)Take pictures and be accessible by showing your work online. Have fun, try to find your own style and don't be afraid to experiment.


q)Do you have any upcoming exhibitions of your work that you can mention?

a)Not at the moment but I have few publications coming soon. Next year I will try to put together an exhibition of unpublished work but it's


q)Where can people see more of your work on the internet

a)The best places to find my work are lukaszwierzbowski.com/ and Neon.Tambourine ( www.flickr.com/photos/neon_tambourine/) You can also check Magnetic.Elements ( www.flickr.com/photos/magneticelements/) which is a kind of side project, some kind of personal diary.

Nessun commento: