giovedì 24 luglio 2008

Interview with I’M NOT I’M NOT AN ARTIST(Gaetano Leonardi)

q)What is your name?

a)I’M NOT I’M NOT AN ARTIST

q)Where do you live and work?

a)I LIVE BETWEEN ROME, SICILY, PARIS AND SAU PAULO IN BRASIL ,BUT I ONLY WORK IN MY FARM IN THE COUNTRY NEAR ROME FAR FROM EVERYTHING WITH MY DOG LICIAWOLF.

q)What is your creative process like?

a)MY WORKS DEPENDS ON MY INSTINCT, HOW REALITY IS CHANGED AND AFFECTED BY MY MEMORY.

q)What is your favorite medium?

a)EVERYTHING FROM OIL TO CHINA, TO COLLAGE, SKETCHES, TO EVERYTHING AGAIN….I PREFER HAND AND GESTUAL SIGNS, BUT AT THIS TIME I’M STUDIYNG HIERARCHIES ON COLOURS, HOW CREATE EMOTIONAL MOODS WITH FEW COLOR WORKING ONLY WITH THEM SATURATION E BRIGHNESS.THE ANCIENT XIX° PAINTINGS TECHNIQUES APPLIED TO NEW SUBJECTS.

q)What is your current favorite subject?

a)VINTAGE FUTURISTIC SUBJECTS JOINED TOGETHER WITH VIDEOGAMES MEMORIES …MY NEW SERIES OF WORKS IS ISPIRED BY AN OLD ENEMY OF MINE WHO PLAYED AGAINST ME IN THE “NUTRIE” CLAN IN THE VIDEOGAME “BATTLEFIELD 2142”

q)How long does it take for you to finish a piece?

a)NO STANDARD TIMES, IT DEPENDS, I CAN GO ON RE-DRAWING MORE TIMES THE SAME SUBJECT UNTIL I’M SATISFIED OR I CAN START AND FINISH WITHOUT LEAVING MY BRUSH FOR ONE MOMENT-THIS IS MY ART.

q)What has been your biggest accomplishment so far?

a)TO BE MYSELF, THE OLD YOUNG BASTARD!

q)Are there any contemporary artists that you love?

a)Guillaumit, SCOTT RADKE, MANNELLI

q)Can we buy your art anywhere?

a)For limited edition prints, numered on http://www.graphola.com/artist_detail.php?id=106
For original paintings by contacting
redaction@gaetanoleonardi.com


q)Anything that people should know about that we don't??

a)I’ m proud to have some secrects only for me

q)What is your best piece of advice for those who would like to rise in their level of artistry?

a)DO IT DO IT

q)What inspires you to keep going when the work gets frustrating or tough?

a)HANDMADE SICILIAN COFFEE GRANITA AND TOXIC OIL SOLVENTS!

q)How do you describe your work to those who are unfamiliar with it?

a)EH...NOTHING TO DESCRIBE, JUST LOOK AT IT AND FEEL IT.

q)What kind of training did you have which helped you achieve your current level of artistry?

a)LOOK AND SEE SEE DRAWING SEE AND DRAWING


q)Is there a tool or material that you can't imagine living without?

a)NO TOOLS IN PARTICULAR, I CAN USE EVERYTHING TO EXPRESS, DOESN’T MIND TOOL OR MATERIAL, I NEED ONLY MY EYES

q)Who are your influences?

a)American and french COMICS, XIX° e XX° paintings, videogames

q)What inspires you to create?

a)Everything I explaned since now. I create to live and to express, I can’t explain differently.


q)…your contacts.



Nessun commento: