mercoledì 30 luglio 2008

Interview with Angelina Wrona

q)What is your name?

a)Angelina Julia Wrona

q)Where do you live and work?

a)I am a registered Nurse at a long term care facility.

q)What is your creative process like?

a)When an idea strikes-I cannot focus on anything else well. My house could fall down around me. I can sit in front of a painting working for sometimes10 and 12 hours a day.

q)What is your favorite medium?

a)I work with acrylics,however sometimes I will wash it with oil.

q)What is your current favorite subject?

a)My favorite is a painting called DeeDee's hideout. Its funny really ,there aren't many who like it and it still hangs for sale in the town I live in.


q)How long does it take for you to finish a piece?

a)It varies on the size of the painting and the detail I put in it. I have worked for 2 months at most and sometimes a week I can finish one off.

q)What has been your biggest accomplishment so far?

a)My biggest accomplishment has been my two girls of course, but in way of the art world-I just signed on with Bruce Mcgaw graphics which is one of the biggest graphics companies in North America.

q)Are there any contemporary artists that you love?

a)The list is so many...Mark Ryden..Marion Peck. Craola..Naoto Hattori...NC Winters...and many many more

q)Can we buy your art anywhere?

a)Right now it can be bought at Distinction Gallery in San Diego, Canal gallery in Canada and Thinkspace gallery in Los Angeles. Or...On line directly from myself as I have original pieces at my studio.

q)Anything that people should know about that we don’t??

a)I do not look anything like what people think when they look at my work. I have no piercings and no tattoos. I live in a very small tourist town in a three story Victorian house called Villa Villekola.

q)What is your best piece of advice for those who would like to rise in their level of artistry?

a)Like anything else-There is no substitution for hard work...and it helps if you are passionate about it.

q)What inspires you to keep going when the work gets frustrating or tough?

a)I give myself personal deadlines. Even when I come up with a new idea for a different painting I won't allow myself to begin another until the one I've started is finished.



q)How do you describe your work to those who are unfamiliar with it?

a)Dark, emotional,big eyed girls.

q)What kind of training did you have which helped you achieve your current level of artistry?

a)I have no formal training at all. In fact I failed art in high school because I couldn't follow the course outline.It was so boring!

q)Is there a tool or material that you can’t imagine living without?

a)I guess a brush of course.Although the paint does come in handy!!

q)Who are your influences?

a)Well that would definitely be Mark Ryden,....and my two wonderful girls who are 10 and 11.

q)What inspires you to create?

a)The creativity is in me,and when something like that is-you have to get it out somehow,someway!!I can never tell what will inspire me next...It's a big world out there!!


q)…your contacts…

a)
http://www.angelinawrona.ca/

Nessun commento: